Coconut Curry Sauce
Enough sauce for 4 servings
This is such an easy recipes, with just a couple of pantry items and a lime. Once the sauce is made, you can add what ever vegetable, or protein you have on hand, serve it over your choice of grains or more vegetables.
1 can full fat coconut milk (not sweetened)
1 heaping tablespoon red curry paste
1 teaspoon honey
the zest of 1/2 of a lime and juice
salt and pepper to taste
(1/4 cup onion - if you use onion, sauté the onion in a bit of oil prior to adding the coconut milk mixture)
1. Combine the coconut milk and the red curry in a sauce pan
2. Add any of the following: chopped red pepper, diced zucchini, baby peas, spinach, or diced celery and carrots
3. Simmer until vegetables are just tender
4. Add either shrimp, any white fish such as Cod, or cooked chicken - if you add raw chicken, dice and saute in the first step.
5. Simmer until the protein is just cooked through, stir in the lime zest, lime juice and honey
6. Serve over your choice of rice, rice noodles, green beans